This article describes the purchase orders that can be attached to tasks, and then used by service providers to invoice the agency for their services through the platform. The company can them approve or reject invoices, keep track of the accounts payable, mark invoices as paid and be notified of delayed payments.
- You can access the payment settings of your translation center instance by selecting Administration → Payment settings
- In this page you will be able to define:
- The preferred currency in which financial reports are shown, and the default option in payment forms (an ample list is available if this needs to be changed)
- Default payment terms (to be included in your purchase orders. You can select a number of days after invoicing date or specify that a payment date will be manually entered in the PO. There is also a Pro-bono operation used by Translators without Borders (volunteer translators, with no payment involved).
- Payment conditions: A text field where you can enter your default payment conditions. This information will be included in the purchase orders offered to your service providers, and can be edited for each PO.
Invoicing by providers: when this box is selected, the providers can assemble POs into invoices and submit them to your company.
- This box should be normally selected, to let providers invoice their services.
- Some companies Deselect it every month to generate the invoices that some providers failed to create during their allotted time.
Uses a CAT tool discount scheme: Selecting this box will enable the CAT scheme in your workplace. When you select this box:
- A table in the same page will let you define your CAT categories, defined by their name and the % of the full rate that you pay for each category.
- By selecting Administration → CAT tool settings you will be able to select a commercial CAT tool brand (only SDL is currently a valid entry). In this page you should map the SDL categories into your own CAT categories defined above.
- A purchase order (PO) is associated with each task in translation center jobs.
- When the work order is created, the system will assign all the available information to the POs, but you should make sure that your POs are complete before inviting translators to evaluate the tasks, or assigning the tasks to them.
- To view the PO associated with a task, click on the View purchase order link at the top of the task box.
- To edit a purchase order, click on the Edit this information button on the PO, or in the Edit task button on the bottom left of the task box.
- When you edit a purchase order:
- If you define the units as:
- Source or target words, source or target lines, pages, hours or minutes, you will be asked to enter the corresponding volume (expressed in the selected units) and the rate (expressed in the selected currency per each unit defined above)
- CAT analysis, you will be asked to import such an analysis (or manually enter the number of words in each of the predefined categories), plus a rate expressed in the selected currency per new (full rate) source word.
Total, you will be asked to enter a Task scope description and the total amount to be paid for this task (This could be, for instance, the case for a small task where a minimum charge applies).
Payment terms and payment conditions are basically defined in the settings, but they can be modified at this stage.
You can manually enter a Custom PO#, or it could be automaticaly entered by the system.
- If you define the units as:
As indicated in the document Invitation or providers and sourcing of tasks, the purchase order information is presented in the job posting page where the tasks are presented to the service providers.
The purchase orders menu
- The Finance → Purchase orders menu option displays all the purchase orders associated with tasks assigned in the translation center, including PO number, date of assignment, assigned provider, scope, assignment status, invoice (when issued) and associated amount.
- By clicking on the title of the columns PO#, Date assigned and Invoice you will be able to sort the information in accordance with that column.
- There are menus for searching among the POs and also to locate assigned tasks that do not have a complete PO associated with them.
The invoices menu
- The Finance → Invoices menu option displays all the invoices submitted by service providers through the system, including the invoice number, due date, service provider, included POs, approval status, payment status and money amount.
- By clicking on the title of the columns ID, Due date and Amount you will be able to sort the information in accordance with that column.
- There is a tool for searching invoices.
- By opening the page corresponding to any invoice it will be possible to edit the approval status (approve, edit, reject) and to mark it as paid, as described in the next section.
Management of invoices
- This page displays all the information relevant to one invoice, including buttons to approve, edit, reject or delete the invoice
- If the invoice was approved, you are enabled to reset it to the "pending approval " status.
- If the invoice is marked as not paid, you can mark it as paid and viceversa
The accounts payable page
- The Finance → Accounts payable menu option displays a summary of money owed to your service providers, either as invoices received and POs issued, together with other similar summary information.